Products not bearing the CE marking are not covered by the CPR, and are therefore subject to the mutual recognition principle and eventually national requirements. Construction products, which are not CE marked, can be sold in Norway as long as they meet the documentation requirement for sale of such products in Norway (Regulation on the sales and documentation of products for construction works, chapter III).
National regulation documentation of non CE marked construction products
Non CE marked construction products shall anyway be documented because they may be of the same significance to construction works like other CE marked construction products.Therefore, these construction products must also have documented characteristics and performances.
In Norway the requirements for documentation of non CE marked construction products are the following:
- The manufacturer needs to document the relevant essential characteristics
- The manufacturer can use a national standard or a national approval from a EU/EFTA state to document the characteristics of the construction products
- The manufacturer shall use relevant test methods to test and determined the performance of construction product
- Most importantly in Norway, it is necessary to use the same AVCP-systems as for CE marked construction products. Therefore, construction products, CE marked or not, should comply with the systems for assessment and verification of the performance of construction product (formerly systems for attestation of conformity) established by the European Commission. Use our search function for attestation of Conformity to find the applicable system for assessment and verification of the performance of construction product.
- If the construction products are manufactured outside Norway but in the EEA, these should be lawfully markedet in other EU/EFTA states to get access to the Norwegian market.
The product documentation shall be in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Template documentation CE marked construction products
No specific requirements regarding how the documentation accompagnying the construction product (that are not CE marked) should look like. The most important thing is to make sure that all the information required in accordance with the Norwegian Regulation, Section 13, is included:
- Name and address of the manufacturer and importer if relevant
- Identifcation of the construction product
- Description of the technical specification that was used by the manufacturer
- the performances of the construction product
- The test method used
- The identification of the third-party body/bodies involved if relevant and the tasks this/these body/bodies performed
- Date and signature